The Pleasant Valley Cooperative Nursery School offers families several programs to choose from these programs are designed to help students with various levels of skills (social, academic and emotional) including becoming familiar with the classroom setting, learning to thrive in an environment outside of the home, taking turns, learning letters and numbers and other skills that will help students be fully prepared for Kindergarten and beyond.
3 Year Old Programs
The three year old program is designed to get students used to the class room setting. Students learn to take turns, wait in line, follow direction and learn to embrace the classroom rituals. Throughout the year students will learn letter and name recognition, shapes, colors and other skills. Children should be potty aware (pull ups are acceptable*) and have age-appropriate verbal skills.
- Two Days A Week ( Tuesday | Thursday) – 9:15 to 11:45 am
- Three Days a Week – (Monday | Wednesday | Friday) – 9:15 to 11:45 am
4 Year Old Programs
Our 4 year old program is also an academic based program with a strong emphasis on kindergarten readiness. Through out the school year students will do an in depth review of the alphabet including letter sounds, words, and other activities that will prepare students for reading and writing in Kindergarten. Students will learn to write their names, days of the week, weather and other skills.
- Three Days a Week (Monday | Wednesday | Friday) – 9:00 to 11:30 am
- Five Days A Week (Monday through Friday) – 9:00 to 11:30 am
- Three Days a Week (Monday | Wednesday | Friday) – 12:30 to 3:00 pm
- Five Days A Week (Monday through Friday) – 12:30 to 3:00 pm